So, obviously, me being relatively new to blogging, I’d never heard of this award. I decided to give it a google because it felt odd being nominated for something which I knew nothing about and it turns out, it’s an award that is given to bloggers by their fellow bloggers to kind of help them be discovered or promote their blogs. I was nominated by Sincerely Sammy which was quite nice since she was the first person to ever comment on one of my posts… ever. So thanks Sammy!
Anyway, whilst googling, I came across the “official rules” for the award which are as follows:
1. Thank the person who is nominating you and post a link to their blog (done)
2. Display the award on your blog (done)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, provided by the blogger who nominated you (below)
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself (It doesn’t say they have to be interesting which is good)
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve an award with less than 1000 followers
6. Create a new list of questions for your nominees
7. Post these rules in your blog (done!)
So, here are my answers to Sammy’s questions
1) What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who talk on the phone in public, but rather than holding their phone up to their ear, they hold it in front of their mouth like they are on a covert operation recording everything that happens. On top of this, I find it irritating when people listen to music on their phone in public without using headphones… If you want to listen to that rubbish then fine, but don’t make the rest of us suffer as well please, thank you.
2) Who are you closest to?
My Best friend/Boyfriend, Jordan. He’s the person I feel most comfortable around and we spend the majority of our time together so we’ve come to know each other pretty well.
3) What is something that people don’t know about you that you wish they did?
There are only a handful of people in my life that actually know how much I love writing and that I have a blog, sometimes I wish the people close to me knew because I feel like it would give me more confidence to maybe pursue my hobby further, which is something I’ve always wanted to do.
4) What song do you claim to hate but will find yourself singing when you’re in the car?
Justin Bieber “One Time”…
5) Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I’m going to have to say morning person, because I’m normally alseep by 11… yeah I know, wild one over here.
6) What is the best gift you’ve ever been given
It’s not really a “gift” like a present or anything. But I’m going to say my puppy. I’ve wanted a dog since I was about 4 but there was always a reason why we couldn’t get one. Then last November, be bought home Riley and he’s probably one of the best gift’s I’ve ever had, even if it was 14 years late!
7) If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
8) Do you collect anything or what do you wish you collected?
I don’t collect anything but I kind of like the idea of collecting different patterns, like fabrics. And then I’d stitch them all together and make a big bed throw or something…
9) If you could live in a different time period, which one would you pick?
I really want to say late BC/early AD, ancient Rome. But considering all of the lack in hygiene and medical care I don’t think I’d like it all that much. I think I’d have to go for 1950’s (America) because everyone dressed smartly and it was all so… classy.
10) What is your happy place?
My bedroom (when it’s tidy) laying on my bed with either a good book and a bar of galaxy chocolate, or with my best friend and a really cute movie.
11) What is the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
This one is quite disappointing, I think I’ve gone about 24 hours, but that’s only because I literally CANNOT sleep on planes.
My Random Facts:
Note: I give you permission to skip this next bit because I doubt it is going to be very interesting.
1) I am one of the handful of people in the world who doesn’t like bacon.
2) I tell everyone that my favourite colour is green but when it comes to picking things, I always choose purple over green.
3) I have two freckles on my nose and one of my friends used to tell everyone that it was because I’d been bitten by a vampire bat.
4) When I was younger I desperately wanted to be Ariel from the little mermaid, so I used to practice holding my breath under the water in the bath.
5) I like Marmite
6) For the past month, the only things I have watched on TV are cartoons (Looney Tunes in particular).
7) Christmas is my most favourite time of the whole entire year, I love everything; the build up, the chocolate, the general pleasantness, the decorations… I’m getting giddy just thinking about it.
8) My biggest fear at the moment, is that when it comes to August and I recieve my exam results, I haven’t done enough to get into university.
9) I really want to be good at painting/ drawing, but I’m not and it annoys me frequently.
10) I have to inform people who is the oldest out of my sister and myself because even though she is nearly 4 years younger than me, she is significantly taller.
11) My lifetime goal is to write and publish the novel that is basically complete inside my head… I’m struggling with a serious issue of self criticism.
I realised today that I am VERY behind when it comes to following blogs on WordPress. Mainly because I will search a particular tag or key word when I feel like reading something about that topic, so I found I wasn’t really following many people, so I spent a good couple of hours this morning trawling through tag after tag and post after post to try and find some good up and coming bloggers, most of these have less than 200 followers I think.
The Melodrama Effect – I found this blog this morning and the post made me laugh so I decided I had to include it in here.
The Nameless Blogger – I remember finding this blog a couple of weeks ago and it was a pretty good read. Funnily enough, this person actually commented on one of my post’s yesterday so… it’s meant to be.
Saturday Night’s Alright for Writing – As a passionate Harry potter fan, I was immediately won over by a post I read on this blog today.
Fangirl Feels – I like this blog simply because it’s interesting to see a fellow readers opinions on books.
Matt Cresswell – Another fellow reader, also the guy who managed to blog through June with #BookadayUK rather than giving up on day 8 like myself.
Global Whispers – Because I like travelling. I found this blog a couple of weeks ago when I went to Ireland because I was in a travelling mood.
Pebbles on the Road – Because I like reading people’s thoughts, and she calls her OCD “Louis”, which I think is pretty cool.
Garfieldhug’s Blog – I like the fact that this guy blogs a lot, and they’re interesting too! At least I think so, I find people’s thoughts interesting.
Ok well, I’m going to have to stop there because like I said, I’m quite behind on following people.
Questions for my Nominees:
1) If you could have any super power, what would it be?
2) Where would you go on your dream holiday?
3) What is your biggest fear?
4) What is your favourite Disney Movie?
5) Marmite, love or hate?
6) If you could spend a whole day with ANYONE, who would it be?
7) Describe an awkward moment you’ve had.
8) If you had to be an animal, what animal would you be?
9) What would your “Perfect Day” consist of?
10) What is your earliest memory?
11) If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
And there you go. I really hope I haven’t chosen boring people who wont do this! And obviously anyone is welcome to answer these questions, I would really love to know if you like Marmite or not!